- “King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud is the Islamic Personality of the Year of the 21st edition of the Dubai International Holy Quran Award (DIHQA).” The honour comes with a Dh1 million award
- “Ibrahim Mohamed Bu Melha, Adviser to the Ruler of Dubai for Cultural and Humanitarian Affairs and Head of DIHQA Organising Committee, made the announcement in a press conference late on Friday night at the Dubai Chamber.
- “The Award has honoured a long list of esteemed Islamic characters and entities over the last 21 years in appreciation to their shiny records in serving Islam, Muslims and holy Quran worldwide.”
- “These are apart from his support to moderate and tolerant Islamic work that goes with the supreme tolerant goals of the Islamic Sharia and as directed by Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).”
- “Naming the King Salman the Islamic Personality of the Year is in recognition of his relentless efforts and orders to carry out the development projects of the Two Holy Mosques and sacred places as was the case with his brother kings, Bu Melha said.