Erdogan wins Turkish elections: What does this mean for Turkey?
Top 5 Facts about Nawaz Sharif
Nawaz Sharif, in full Muhammad Nawaz Sharif (born December 25, 1949, Lahore, Pakistan), is a Pakistani businessman and politician who became prime minister in 2013, having previously served as prime minister in 1990–93 and 1997–98.
1. Nawaz Sharif is the first person to be elected to the office of Prime Minister three times
Previously a restriction was in place that barred any candidate from holding public office for more than two terms. The last time Nawaz Sharif was in office was 13 years, 7 months and 21 days ago. His government back then was toppled in a bloodless coup led by the Army Chief at the time, General Pervez Musharraf on 12th October 1999. Read More
2. Nawaz Sharif owns one of Pakistans largest companies ‘Ittefaq Industries’
During the 1980s, Ittefaq Group expanded from five mills to 30 businesses which produced steel, sugar, paper, and textiles and annual revenues were estimated at $400 million. Read More
3. In 1998 Nawaz sharif was offered $5Billion (USD) to not carry out nuclear weapons tests
In 1998 Nawaz sharif was offered $5Billion (USD) to not carry out nuclear weapons tests that where proposed after India’s own nuclear tests few days prior. In 2017 Sharif said “I would have taken $5 billion from the US for not carrying out nuclear tests if I were not loyal to the country” Read More
4. Nawaz Sharif was not allowed to talk/speak during Trump’s big Saudi summit
During the meeting in Saudi arabia with Donald trump and the Saudi King in May 2017, Nawaz Sharif was not allowed to talk/speak during the summit, a report issued in ‘The Nation’ stated. “The Pakistan PM wasn’t permitted to converse at the occasion, even as heads of some small nations propose their views on violence” Read More/Watch KJ Video Report
5. Nawaz Sharif is embroiled in the ongoing Panama Papers corruption scandal which has been described as the most publicized in Pakistan’s history
Nawaz Sharif is embroiled in the ongoing Panama Papers corruption scandal which has been described as the most publicized in Pakistan’s history, The documents, sourced from Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca, included details of eight offshore companies with links to the family of Nawaz Sharif, his brother Shehbaz Sharif, and three of his children.