Gunmen attack Iran’s parliament and Khomeini shrine
Read original article on Al Jazeera or read some of the key points below;
- Armed men have launched two attacks in Iran’s capital.
- killing a guard at the parliament building and wounding several people in the Mausoleum of Ayatollah Khomeini in southern Tehran
- Lawmaker Elias Hazrati told state television three attackers, one with a pistol and two with AK-47 assault rifles, raided parliament on Wednesday.
- ISNA news agency quoted a member of the parliament as saying that all the parliament doors were shut and one of the assailants was surrounded by the security forces.
- The identity and the motivation of the assailant was still unclear.