Will the Saudi-Iran deal lead to a solution to the Yemen crisis?
Breaking News – Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Bahrain cut ties to Qatar
- Dispute over Qatar news agency hack spirals with Saudi pulling Qatari troops from Yemen as diplomatic ties are severed.
- Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Bahrain say they are severing diplomatic relations with Qatar.
- The kingdom made the announcement via its state-run Saudi Press Agency early on Monday, saying it was taking the action for what it called the protection of national security.
- The statement appeared to be timed in concert with an earlier announcement by Bahrain similarly cutting ties.
- Bahrain’s foreign ministry issued a statement saying it would withdraw its diplomatic mission from the Qatari capital of Doha within 48 hours and that all Qatari diplomats should leave Bahrain within the same period.
- Qatar had no immediate comment.
- The dispute between Qatar and the Gulf’s Arab countries escalated after a recent hack of Qatar’s state-run news agency. It has spiralled since.