Bangladesh, Austria to boost cooperation in trade and investment
Read original article on bdnews24 or read some of the key points below;
- The decision was announced after a meeting between Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Austrian Federal Chancellor Christian Kern on Tuesday. Hasina returned to Dhaka on Wednesday morning after her visit to Vienna, where she attended a conference of the International Atomic Energy Agency or IAEA, marking its 60 years.
- Foreign Secretary M Shahidul Haque briefed the media on the aircraft carrying the prime minister and her entourage back to Bangladesh. “The two leaders have agreed to further strengthen the ties between the countries.”
- Hasina was the first Bangladesh prime minister to visit Austria as a head of the government since its independence in 1971.
- The Austrian president was also keen about Hasina’s recent visit to Saudi Arabia, where she attended the ‘Arab Islamic American Summit.’ The prime minister said that the leaders held talks on joint initiatives undertaken to stamp out terrorism and militancy.
- At a joint media briefing with Chancellor Kern on Tuesday, Hasina said she first visited Vienna in 1969 as a tourist and as the leader of the Opposition in 1993.