Will the Saudi-Iran deal lead to a solution to the Yemen crisis?
105 civilians killed by US air strikes in Mosul in March
Read original article by Emily Shugerman on the Independent or read they key statistics below;
- “A Pentagon investigation has found more than 100 civilians were killed in a US bombing in Mosul, Iraq, in March, making it one of the largest incidents of civilian death since the US air campaign against Isis began in 2014.”
- “The military reports 101 civilians in the building were killed, and another four died in a nearby building. Thirty-six civilians remain unaccounted for.”
- “The deaths represent about a quarter of all civilian deaths since the US air campaign began.”
- “According to the Airwars.org, US-led air strikes in Iraq and Syria have killed a record number of civilians under Mr Trump.”
- “The site, which tracks civilian casualties from air strikes in the Middle East, claims the CJFLCC-OIR has carried out 12,755 air strikes in Iraq to date.”